The Mystique of Central Java
Discover the mystique of Central Java - a region steeped in history, tradition and culture. Start your journey in the vibrant city of Yogyakarta, considered to be the cultural capital of Java. Explore the city and visit the Sultan’s Palace with its elegant architecture and Taman Sari (Water Palace). Yogyakarta is also the perfect base to explore the stunning UNESCO-listed temples of Borobudur and Prambanan - first check out the Prambanan Temple complex which was built in 850 A.D. and dedicated to the supreme Hindu gods; Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu. Next you will visit the Borobudur, the largest Buddhist temple in the world. Stay two nights at a boutique hotel, which overlooks the temple. Enjoy the view from your terrace as the sun sinks over the Borobudur and its lush surrounds. Then, settle into the local rhythm as you take a ride through the local villages and rice fields in a horse-drawn carriage (andong). From here you travel to Wonosobo and experience the mystical Dieng plateau with its ancient temples and volcanoes looming through the mist. Next, head to the exquisite MesaStila Resort and Spa set on a Javanese coffee plantation - luxuriate in the timeless atmosphere and exceptional service, and enjoy the activities on offer. Finally, spend the last days of this tour at the Kura Kura Resort located on a private tropical island in the midst of the Karimunjawa Archipelago – the perfect end to your sojourn in Central Java.
On arrival at Yogyakarta Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Yogyakarta is a colourful, vibrant city and it is considered the cultural capital of Java. It is a centre for the production of handicrafts and traditional textiles and has Javanese dance, theatre and shadow puppet (wayang kulit) performances on most days of the week.
Explore the historic Sultan's Palace, with its elegant Javanese architecture, the Sono-Budoyo Museum and Taman Sari, the Water Palace. Then visit the famous Prambanan temple complex. Build in 850 A.D. this complex is dedicated to the supreme Hindu gods; Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu.
Visit the Borobudur Temple, which is about 1.5 hours from Yogyakarta. A local guide will show you around this complex, the largest Buddhist shrine in the world. Constructed in the 9th century the Borobudur features no less than 15,000 different reliefs and over 400 open work stupas that depict the road to Nirwana. From here you will go to your hotel, the Plataran Borobudur - a beautiful, boutique resort close to the Borobudur Temple.
Settle into the rhythm as you take a journey though the local villages and countryside in a horse-drawn carriage (andong) - this is a great way to observe the daily activities of the farmers and village craftsmen.
After a relaxing morning at the hotel you will drive to Wonosobo, a small hillside town with a lively market. Because of its higher altitude the climate here is pleasantly cool and the soil is ideal for growing a variety of crops, fruit and vegetables. Located at the foot of the Dieng plateau, Wonosobo is a good starting point for exploring the Dieng temples.
Early morning is the best time to visit the Dieng Plateau as the clouds tend to roll in later in the day. The Dieng Plateau is a mysterious landscape, with the oldest Hindu temples of Java looming through the fog and mist. Besides the temples, the lakes of different colours and the bubbling hot pools are worth a visit. A walk with your guide along deserted mountain paths to the highest village of Java is also recommended. Then take a short drive to Losari where you will stay at the luxurious MesaStila Resort.
This exquisite boutique hotel is set on a Javanese coffee plantation. The historic 1878 teak wood train station, and the lovingly restored 1928 plantation manor house provide a colonial touch. The hotel is furnished throughout with Javanese antiques and works of art, providing guests with a unique atmosphere to go with the exceptional service. There is a daily schedule of Wellness and Javanese Cultural Activities. In the morning you can also join the guided walk through the coffee plantations.
Fly to Semarang where you will take a short boat ride to Karimunjawa Island and travel by speedboat to Menjawakan Island. Located in the midst of the Karimunjawa Archipelago and offering one of the largest lagoons in the area, Menjawakan is a very green, private tropical island (22 hectares) exclusively occupied by the Kura Kura Resort.
Your days on Menjawakan Island can be spent at leisure. Simply enjoy the sun, sea and beach combined with the perfect service at Kura Kura Resort. Also the hotel offers diving and snorkeling trips and trips to remote nearby islands. Sea kayaks, paddleboats and snorkeling equipment are available at the resort.
Fly (or go by boat) back to Semarang and transfer to the airport. Semarang International Airport has daily flights from/to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Domestic flights go daily to Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali and Lombok.
• All accommodation in comfortable hotels during the whole tour
• All meals according to the program
• All transportation and airport transfers by air-conditioned car with local driver
• Domestic flights from Yogyakarta - Semarang / Semarang - Jakarta
• Boat transport from Semarang - Karimunjawa v.v.
• English speaking Tour Guide
• Local English-speaking guides at most sights during the tour
• All services as mentioned in the program
• Additional travelers information upon booking
All excursions and activities as mentioned including entrance fees such as:
• City tour Yogyakarta
• Prambanan temples visit
• Mendut, Pawon & Borobudur temples visit
• Local village tour around Borobudur temple
• Dieng plateau tour
Note: additional peak season surcharges might apply to the above mentioned price.
• Visa (fees) to enter Indonesia
• International flights and taxes
• Airport departure taxes per person (between USD 2,- up to USD 15,-)
• Travel insurances
• Personal expenses like drinks, tipping, souvenirs etc.
• Optional excursions and activities and their entrance fees
• Other expenses not mentioned in the program
This tour combines the cultural, natural and spiritual highlights of Central Java. Visit the UNESCO-listed heritage sites of Borobudur and Prambanan, the mystical Dieng Plateau, luxuriate at the beautiful MesaStila Hotel and Spa and enjoy a tropical island getaway at the Kura Kura Resort.
How We Work
Welcome to the start of creating your unique, personalised Indonesian travel experience. Here are the typical steps involved in planning your trip to Indonesia with Nusadinusa:
1. Once you have browsed our website and have some ideas about the kind of trip you want, our specialist travel consultants will help you to create the perfect itinerary to suit your needs. Your personal travel expert will help you with every detail of your trip - always ensuring at each step that your Indonesian journey will be truly memorable.
2. Contact us by email and tell us which of our tours are of interest. Or let us know your ideas and preferences. Also please let us know when you want to travel, the numbers travelling and any other information you feel we might need in order to design an itinerary that matches your vision.
3. We will call you by phone within 24 hours of receiving your email. Your personal travel consultant will answer your questions, clarify your ideas, desires and expectations.
4. Using this information your personal travel consultant will suggest a personalised, tailor-made itinerary for you - complete with recommended accommodation and activities, prices and information about the area. Once you have read your itinerary, your consultant will answer your questions and revise it until you are satisfied.
5. Once you confirm the itinerary we will ask you to pay your deposit so we can complete and confirm all bookings.
6. Your personal travel consultant will maintain ongoing contact with you and is here to answer your questions and concerns - he/she will continue to check that all arrangements are in place.
7. About two weeks before your departure you will recieve your personal detailed day-to-day itinerary of your upcoming trip, as well as additional information such as cultural etiquette and other recommendations that will help you to maximise your Indonesian experience.
During your trip your personal travel consultant will continue to be available to ensure that your experience in Indonesia is running smoothly and to your expectations.
1 Does NusadiNusa also offer other destinations than Indonesia?
2 Does NusadiNusa charge any costs for making a proposal?
3 Does NusadiNusa also offer group tours?
4 Is it possible to make ajustments to the tours displayed on the website?
5 Why is there no mention of a departure date on the website?
6 Can you sent me a brochure?
11 Can Nusadinusa arrange a visa for me?
12 Can I use internet in Indonesia?
13 What is the exchange rate for the Indonesian roepia?
14 Do I need travel insurances?
15 What is the best time to travel to Indonesia?
17 What kind of vaccinations do I need for Indonesia?
18 Will Nusadinusa provide me with a guide during my tour?
19 How will I be able to find our guide upon arrival in Indonesia?
20 What language do they speak in Indonesia?
21 What kind of accommodation does Nusadinusa use during the tours?
22 How is the food in Indonesia?
23 What type of clothing should I bring on my trip to Indonesia?
24 Can I pay with credit card in Indonesia?
25 Is it expected to give tips in Indonesia?
26 Is it normal to haggle for a price in Indonesia?
27 Do I need to pay departure tax when I leave Indonesia?
28 Can I use my mobile phone in Indonesia?
29 What kind of electrical plugs do they use in Indonesia?
30 What customs should I take into account when visiting Indonesia?
31 Are there any special holidays or festivals worth visiting in Indonesia?
32 Does Nusadinusa also arrange international flight tickets?