Gentle & Fuming Giants
Indonesia’s vast archipelago is a treasure trove of natural attractions. This tour highlights several of these - starting with an encounter with the gentle, endangered orangutan in Tanjung Puting National Park on the island of Kalimantan. You will travel by boat upriver through the jungle to see these amazing creatures. Leaving Kalimantan behind you fly to Java for a visit to the Mt Bromo volcano. Travel by 4-wheel drive and explore the volcano and national park before continuing on to the Mount Ijen volcano. Hike to the summit for a magnificent view of the turquoise crater-lake and meet the local villagers 'harvesting' sulphur from the crater. Take a boat to Bali where you will stay three nights on the border of the Bali Barat National Park. The Park offers excellent opportunities for trekking and is also home to Menjangan Island, which is considered one of the best diving and snorkeling spots in Bali. Spend one more night in Sambangan in the peaceful rural north of Bali. From your hill-top location you have stunning views of the surrounding jungle and waterfalls. Take a trek through the rice fields and forest and bathe in the cool pools of the waterfalls. Travel via scenic Lake Bratan for a final night at one of the beautiful beaches of southern Bali.
Upon arrival at Jakarta airport you will be met by your driver and transferred to your hotel.
After breakfast you will transfer to Jakarta airport for the domestic flight to Kalimantan. Your guide will meet you upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun and take you to the harbour at Kumai - here you will board a river boat, known locally as a klotok. As you make you way upriver you enter Tanjung Puting National Park. Relax on deck and enjoy the peacefulness of the journey through the jungle to Rimba Lodge (approximately 2 hours). This will be your base for 3 nights.
Wake to the sounds of the jungle. Following breakfast onboard the klotok, head for the Pesalat reforestation centre. This is a 45 minutes walk from the jetty on a path through a swamp forest. Enjoy the scenery and spotting the local birdlife. Board your boat for a visit to the famous Camp Leaky. There is a feeding centre where you can observe the behavior of the orangutan up-close. Return by klotok to the resort for another nights stay in the jungle.
Today is another day exploring the Tanjung Puting National Park. Start the day by visiting the feeding station at Tangui for another encounter with the magnificent orangutan. As well you may see gibbons or the strange-looking proboscis monkey. The next stop is at a local village. Here you can walk around to see daily life. After dark enjoy a magical firefly lightshow in their nipah palm habitat.
Today you leave Tanjung Puting National Park and return to the harbour at Kumai for transfer back to the airport. A domestic flight will take you to the airport of Surabaya. From here you will travel south via Probolinggo to the volcanic Mount Bromo. Overnight in Cemoro Lawang located on the crater's edge. From the hotel you have fantastic views of the Mount Bromo National Park.
An early rise (at 4.00 am) will ensure you have enough time to reach the sunrise viewpoint. The sunrise slowly reveals the moon-like landscape and smoke and fire emanating from the volcano. After the sunrise, trek across the 'Sea of Sand' and if you are feeling energetic, climb up 246 steps for a view into Mount Bromo. Travel by 4WD to the Ijen Volcano. On the slopes of this volcano you will find your next resort.
After breakfast your 4WD Jeep will take you to the start of a hiking trail at Paltuding. Within about 1.5 hours you will reach the top of the Ijen Volcano where you will be treated to a view of one of the biggest crater lakes in Asia. The lake is 200 metres deep and contains millions of litres of steaming acidic water shrouded in a swirling cloud of sulphur. Encounter local workers who collect the sulphur from the water’s edge and carry it out in baskets that can weigh up to 80 kilograms. Overnight at a resort in Ijen.
Leaving Java, you drive to the harbour at Banyuwangi for the ferry crossing to Bali. Once on Bali, it is a short drive to the small picturesque village of Pemuteran, located in the northwest of Bali. Your accommodation is located on the border of Bali Barat National Park.
Spend the morning relaxing and enjoying the serenity of Pemuteran. Then experience snorkeling or diving at nearby Menjangan Island which is located within the boundary of the National Park. The island is home to beautiful coral gardens and thousands of brightly coloured fishes. The clear water makes this one of the best diving/snorkeling spots in Bali.
Take a trek into the West Bali National Park with the local rangers. The Bali Barat National Park, or West Bali National Park, covers about 190 square kilometres consisting of both land and sea. The Park is characterized by a variety of habitats - savannah, mangrove forest, and rainforest. Wild boar, monitor lizards, and deer are commonly found but the park is most famous for its abundant birdlife.
Following the ocean along the northern coastal road, you will visit a Buddhist temple and the warm water springs of Banjar. Your destination for today is the small village of Sambangan which is located in the hills with an impressive view of the ocean. Stay at Shanti Natural Panorama Hotel, a hotel designed according to the Balinese concept of living in harmony with the creator, the people and the environment, Tri Hita Karani.
The morning starts with a hike (2.5 or 4 hour treks are available) in the area close to Villa Shanti. The trek takes you through rice terraces and spice plantations. The walk ends at a crystal clear waterfall with a pool surrounded by lush green jungle making a swim here an unforgettable experience. You can spend as much time here as you like before heading back to the hotel.
This morning you leave behind the northern side of Bali and slowly make your way south climbing up the central ridge of the island which is home to a number of waterfalls, lakes, jungle and vast rice terraces. Visit one of Bali’s highest waterfalls, Gigit, along the way. At Lake Bratan you will stop to visit Pura Ulun Danu, a picturesque temple. Via the Botanical gardens in Bedugul you will travel to your hotel in Uluwatu, the southernmost tip of Bali.
Transfer to the airport for your flight out of Bali and the end of your memorable Indonesian holiday experience
• All accommodation in comfortable hotels during the whole tour
• All meals according to the program
• All transportation and airport transfers by air-conditioned car with local driver
• Parking fees
• Domestic flights from Jakarta - Pangkalanbun / Pangkalanbun - Surabaya
• Ferry crossing from Java - Bali
• English speaking Tour Guide
• Local English-speaking guides at most sights during the tour
• All services as mentioned in the program
• Additional travelers information upon booking
All excursions and activities as mentioned including entrance fees such as:
• All activities mentioned during Tanjung Puting National Park visit
• Sunrise tour Bromo Volcano & 4x4 jeep tour to Ijen Volcano
• Hiking up the Ijen Volcano
• Menjangan Island snorkelling
• West Bali National Park trekking
• Sambangan area trekking
Note: additional peak season surcharges might apply to the above mentioned price.
• Visa (fees) to enter Indonesia
• International flights and taxes
• Airport departure taxes per person (between USD 2,- up to USD 15,-)
• Travel insurances
• Personal expenses like drinks, tipping, souvenirs etc.
• Optional excursions and activities and their entrance fees
• Other expenses not mentioned in the program
This tour brings together several of Indonesia’s natural treasures – national parks, towering volcanoes, jungles and forests, spectacular waterfalls, stunning rice terraces and encounters with unique flora and fauna both above and below the water. Trek, snorkel, dive and experience Indonesia’s amazing natural attractions.
How We Work
Welcome to the start of creating your unique, personalised Indonesian travel experience. Here are the typical steps involved in planning your trip to Indonesia with Nusadinusa:
1. Once you have browsed our website and have some ideas about the kind of trip you want, our specialist travel consultants will help you to create the perfect itinerary to suit your needs. Your personal travel expert will help you with every detail of your trip - always ensuring at each step that your Indonesian journey will be truly memorable.
2. Contact us by email and tell us which of our tours are of interest. Or let us know your ideas and preferences. Also please let us know when you want to travel, the numbers travelling and any other information you feel we might need in order to design an itinerary that matches your vision.
3. We will call you by phone within 24 hours of receiving your email. Your personal travel consultant will answer your questions, clarify your ideas, desires and expectations.
4. Using this information your personal travel consultant will suggest a personalised, tailor-made itinerary for you - complete with recommended accommodation and activities, prices and information about the area. Once you have read your itinerary, your consultant will answer your questions and revise it until you are satisfied.
5. Once you confirm the itinerary we will ask you to pay your deposit so we can complete and confirm all bookings.
6. Your personal travel consultant will maintain ongoing contact with you and is here to answer your questions and concerns - he/she will continue to check that all arrangements are in place.
7. About two weeks before your departure you will recieve your personal detailed day-to-day itinerary of your upcoming trip, as well as additional information such as cultural etiquette and other recommendations that will help you to maximise your Indonesian experience.
During your trip your personal travel consultant will continue to be available to ensure that your experience in Indonesia is running smoothly and to your expectations.
1 Does NusadiNusa also offer other destinations than Indonesia?
2 Does NusadiNusa charge any costs for making a proposal?
3 Does NusadiNusa also offer group tours?
4 Is it possible to make ajustments to the tours displayed on the website?
5 Why is there no mention of a departure date on the website?
6 Can you sent me a brochure?
11 Can Nusadinusa arrange a visa for me?
12 Can I use internet in Indonesia?
13 What is the exchange rate for the Indonesian roepia?
14 Do I need travel insurances?
15 What is the best time to travel to Indonesia?
17 What kind of vaccinations do I need for Indonesia?
18 Will Nusadinusa provide me with a guide during my tour?
19 How will I be able to find our guide upon arrival in Indonesia?
20 What language do they speak in Indonesia?
21 What kind of accommodation does Nusadinusa use during the tours?
22 How is the food in Indonesia?
23 What type of clothing should I bring on my trip to Indonesia?
24 Can I pay with credit card in Indonesia?
25 Is it expected to give tips in Indonesia?
26 Is it normal to haggle for a price in Indonesia?
27 Do I need to pay departure tax when I leave Indonesia?
28 Can I use my mobile phone in Indonesia?
29 What kind of electrical plugs do they use in Indonesia?
30 What customs should I take into account when visiting Indonesia?
31 Are there any special holidays or festivals worth visiting in Indonesia?
32 Does Nusadinusa also arrange international flight tickets?